POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Averaged Normal_maps : Re: Averaged Normal_maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Averaged Normal_maps
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 13 Dec 2006 00:05:00
Message: <web.457f88ebb76ee1819033e1160@news.povray.org>
Actually, I believe my problem may be with the pattern that I'm using.  I'm
using facets, and after checking the documentation I haven't found a way to
increase the intensity of the facets for a normal.

I'm trying to have a texture that has large facets, but with smaller facets
between.  So I averaged a large facet normal and small facet normal, but in
the result the facets are so faint you can hardly see either of them.